Friday 16 September 2016

Pull focus video evaluation

pull focus from abbie on Vimeo.

This is a screenshot of a shot from my video, everything is shot is at least slightly out of focus after the focus shift from the pipes to the sign on the stares. I didn't notice this during editing, as the unfocused shot is seen after the pull focus which means i could have cut the shot short and the unfocused shot wouldn't have been there but i didn't notice it in post production, so in the future when i am editing, i need to focus more when editing, so i don't keep having unfocused or under/ over exposed shots.


I used the effect warp stabilizer, in order to steady the scenes. As i used only hand held camera shots, which means there is slight shakey or jolts int he middle of a shot which makes it look less smooth. So the warp stabilizer helps steady the shots to make them look smoother and more natural. However there is still some light shakes throughout the video.

I like this shot because it runs smooth, the shift in focus is a smooth transition and the way the camera moves is not shake it runs smooth and clear. This is one of my better shots int he video because of the way it moves and it clearly shows the shift in focus which was the task. However their are still slight blurs in the shot where everything is slightly out of focus, this was noticed but i kept it because it was better than cutting a part out of the middle of the shot because the camera glides from one door nob to the other and so missing a bit out would make the shot jump slightly, so i kept the unfocused part in.


I added text to my video, and i also added the cross dissolve for the text to enter and exit on. I wanted to experiment with the effects and filters and by having the the text dissolve, it goes with the change of focus on screen.  I also edited the colour of my text to try and been with the background, so it doesn't distract the viewer from what i gave filmed. The trouble with getting the text is to go with he background is that the background changes and so in some shots the text does stand out more than on other shots.







The last shot on my video doesn't clearly show the pull of focus. I tried to have the focus on the door then the mannequin, however because most of the shot is underexposed it is not clearly seen. However what I do like about this shot is nearing the end a shadow comes over the mannequin and so at the end of the video it looks like a natural closing shot to a video. I would re-shoot this and get maybe a better, lower angle alongside a clearer demonstration of the pull focus. Although the video is good quality and not out of focus but still there is slight camera movements that can easily be detected.





No comments:

Post a Comment