Tuesday 18 October 2016

new wave film





This is my new wave film, the film is made up of a series of short scenes edited together in premier pro with melon cony music in the background as planned. I kept to the original plan as everything I shot wasn't staged, I used mainly natural lighting or ambient lighting that was already there, I staged nothing to try and keep the video as close to real life and as realistic as possible. Similar to a new wave film for example Italian neorealism films I have used long takes, however to try and prevent my video from being boring with lots of long takes, i tried to split them up by adding other clips over the long takes, so in the middle of my long takes there are flashes from other scenes i shot. I did this to make my new wave film a bit more interesting. I was also influenced by the french new wave because some of there films have unusual lighting like in "Le Plus Grande Erreur" (the greatest mistake).

I think i showed my influences from the different new waves and managed to adapt sales like the long takes from different types of new wave films into my film. However their isn't much of a narrative, the film shows characters on a journey but there isn't a clear narrative or story to follow. However i managed to do as planned and take shots of real life, used different lighting techniques and edited with quick jump cuts. However because i used hand held camera for the entire film, lots of the shots are very shaky which i tried to fix in editing with warp stabiliser but it didn't come out as smooth as i would have hoped. The music in the video jumps part was through the film, as the music wasn't long enough so because i felt that song was right so i stretched the song out to last the whole video, although the jump isn't that out of place you can tell it's there and so i lowers the quality of the video. My shots are all in focus however some shots like the tilts of the wooden statue is slightly over exposed. However i used plenty of pans and tilts, there are also zooms and pull focus, so that i could show that i had technical experience with the camera.  There is a range of different camera angles and lighting techniques which show a range of interesting clips to form the film.

When filming I made sure that the equipment was never left alone and i kept the camera strapped and round my neck at all times to make sure it was never lost. The SD card was kept in the camera and never taken out incase it got lost. When filming i would keep to the sides to prevent obstructing people and when filming i kept an eye on my surroundings so not to trip or bump into anyone else.    




No comments:

Post a Comment